Surface EMG Scanning San Diego
It is an electronic form of palpation. MyoVision’s ScanVision™ uses Static sEMG (surface electromyography) to measure electrical activity of the paraspinal muscles while weight bearing. It's measuring the muscular response to spinal subluxation. The ScanVision effectively provides a quantifiable means of showing patients what you feel with your hands. The simple to use software shows the levels of muscle tension about the spine in an easy to understand graphic. The ScanVision's patented wireless 5 electrode design allows you to perform the test in less than one minute. MyoVision's proprietary sEMG technology is a completely safe, painless and non-invasive method of evaluating spinal health utilizing the well established EKG technology.
Utilizing technology identical to the commonly used EKG/ECG, MyoVision's ScanVision allows you to do a “quick measure” of muscle tension about the spine, showing muscular compensation patterns for spinal subluxations.
The bars extend outward from the spine, showing muscle tension levels on both left and right sides of the spine. The length of the bars are proportional to the amount of muscle tension. The readings are presented numerically as “microvolts” or millionths of a volt, and added all together into what we call the "EP Stress Score."
The Benefits of Surface EMG Scanning
- Patented 5 electrode design; fast, accurate & reproducible
- Adaptive middle ground post that allows for perfect contact no matter the surface.
- Wireless, USB powered design (no more changing batteries!)
- Voice prompts in the software make it easy to use. Patients love it!
- Auto-Scan quickly stabilizes the readings for you, aiding in the reproduciblity.
- Patented design reduces electrical interference allowing you to precisely and easily conduct a standing test; the only one established as valid in University Research.
Suffering with Aches and Pains?
What Our Patients Are Saying
Listen to our patients share their experiences and find out why we are the top-rated chiropractic clinic in the San Diego area.