A Key to Getting Older the Healthy Way
The amount of people living longer lives is dramatically increasing! Over 40,000 people last year reached the age of 100 years old. In fact according to recent census projections, by 2050 over one million Americans will be making it to 100 years old! Although good genes do play a considerable role in these statistics, researchers are now starting to believe that chronic illnesses are not a consequence of aging, but often happens more likely from lifestyle choices that we can change! So, the big question: How can we live longer (and most importantly) healthier lives? This is what the experts at Hifai Chiropractic are saying:
- Welcome a Positive Attitude. Research shows having a positive outlook, being optimistic, and hoping for the best is one of the keys to living a longer, healthier, and better quality of life. Positive emotions can directly affect your health by helping the immune function while also creating and strengthening bonds between supportive family and friends.
- Encourage Your Mind. The more educated we are, the likelihood is that we will live longer. The benefits of education are even more important with age. Most centenarians were studied to have taken advantage of opportunities and possibilities that were not possible for them in their earlier years. Some examples include second careers, musical instruction, writing, learning a new language, taking classes on travel, or volunteer activities.
- Get Rid of Stress and Stay Linked. Learn to manage your stress from work or home. Experimenting with meditation and exercise are good options to reduce tension and stressful environments. Also, stay close with your family and friends. Social connection guarantees we take better care of ourselves. Friends and family can also help you through hard times by offering different ways to cope while also boosting self-esteem and mood.
- Healthy Diet and Exercise (of course!). Finding fun ways to stay in shape will help you live longer while actually enjoying your work out. Things like gardening, swimming, or even going for a walk or jog. Increasing muscle tissue will help burn more fat which can help reduce the risk of heart disease. Preventing weight gain can also be helped by eating healthier foods that are whole and natural. Things like fruits, vegetables, grains, unsaturated fats, white meat, fish, eggs and nuts are all a good sources of protein.
- See our San Diego chiropractor! Our doctor of Chiropractic at Hifai Chiropractic located in San Diego is not only trained, but licensed to examine and treat your entire body. Our chiropractor can examine your nervous and musculoskeletal system to help prevent disease, boost your immune system, and keep your body well! Our chiropractor is also skilled in recommending different exercises, stretches, and nutritional info to keep your body healthy for the long haul!
Get $59 New Patient Special!
Come into Hifai Chiropractic for Consultation, Examination, Computer Surface EMG Scan with Report & 1 Month Of Free App Access.